...How I Accidentally Became a Six-Figure Freelance Writer
It was late 2009.
I had just recently heard about the Internet and the concept of “making money online.” To say I was fascinated would be an understatement: so I could sit in front of my computer all day and earn a good living? I mean, no 9 - 5 or working for someone else? I was hooked!
I was 16 then and had just failed the most important exam of my life (a national exam I needed to pass to get into university). Things just weren’t working. To say I was devastated will be an understatement.
I felt like a failure.
No, I WAS a failure -- at least to those who were around me then and knew the significance of the exam I failed to my future as a young boy. So hearing about the possibility of earning money online gave me a new ray of hope for so many reasons... including the fact that:
- I could make a living without needing to get into university at the end of the day.
- In my childhood, I had hoped I would never have to work for anybody, but I had no idea that could be a reality so fast -- in my teenage years. The Internet presented such an opportunity.
- If, just IF, this Internet thing works I could prove to others that I am not a failure. Isn’t the purpose of going to college to get a good job and earn a stable income? If I can make the Internet thing work, well I can kind of shortcut the whole process and prove that I am NOT a failure.
- Oh, and there’s the “money answereth all things part.” Won’t it be cool to have as much money as I need when I need it? Of course, I won’t pretend that I was paying any bills then (I mean, I was 16 and living with my mom!) but I sure will need money in the future and it wouldn’t hurt to have an early start. Also, don’t think it’s only you adults that have money needs -- young boys have dreams too, and things they want to buy with money (at least I did when I was 16… lol!).
So, with all the above reasons on my mind, I couldn’t be more excited about the possibility of earning a living online. I mean, I could earn good income without having to rely on my grades and working a 9 - 5? Sign me up!
However, I didn’t realize that I was in my own bubble -- that will soon bust. Maybe you’d have loved to read that everything just went well from there… that I got started, began to earn six figures within a short time and was soon driving lamborghinis. I wish! Except it was the exact opposite of the case!
Like many people who have taken a similar trajectory, I FAILED. In fact, I almost failed BIG!
I pursued the “make money online” stuff and poured all my heart in it (often working 10+ hour days!) for a whole year and four months without really earning an income. I did so many things: online surveys, paid to click, paid to read, etc. In fact, I was so gullible I would have believed them if I was told I’d be paid to sleep… lol! You get the gist.
It wasn’t long before I realized that I was chasing a rabbit trail -- a pipe dream.
Perhaps, this make money online thing is just a bunch of hype? My hope was gradually vanishing when something happened…
I became an accidental freelance writer…
You see, I had originally been dismissive of freelance writing as a source of income -- as a career path.
I mean, in the early days my only impression of freelance writing is that the most you can make as a freelance writer is $3 - $5 (you’d be lucky to earn $15) per article. Boy (girl?), how wrong was I!
My entire worldview changed in an instant when I got my first client. This client reached out to me through a blog I was running then, told me they have a network of sites and wanted me to help with content. I was initially dismissive of the idea, but I thought it wouldn’t hurt to ask what they pay per article. They responded, “$100 per article.”
I couldn’t believe myself.
I mean, I would have been ecstatic to earn $40 per article at that time, but $100??? Sign me up!
Now, I’d be honest: I had a luckier start than most people, and not everybody will start their freelance writing career earning $100 per article (and in the spirit of full disclosure: after that first client, I later got clients that paid me less than half that amount -- at least before I knew what I was doing), but that was how I got my start.
That was 10 years ago.
I’d later go on to have my first four figure month with that client a few months after our relationship began. I suddenly realized the potential in freelance writing and began to take a more intentional approach towards building my freelance writing business.
You see, a LOT has changed since I got my first client about ten years ago. My freelance writing business has grown so much that I am now a six-figure freelance writer, and I won’t tell you how much I earned in my best month as a freelance writer because you probably won’t believe it (suffice to say it is more than what many “stable” freelance writers earn in a year -- that’s not a typo, I meant in a YEAR!).
Today, I easily earn in excess of $1,000 per article -- that’s when I want to write. Getting to it, to earn a five figure income from my freelance writing business, I probably need to work less than 40 hours in a given month.
Let me put it this way: I practically have a license to print money. And I want to give you this same license.
With my proven system, you can be assured of a thriving freelance writing business, and an almost divine transformation in your finances.
I don’t make excessive promises, and you certainly won’t get paid to sleep (not with my system, anyway!).
My promise is simple: I will give you a system, a roadmap, that you can use to have a freelance writing business up and running within two weeks, even if you have nothing right now -- and that will help you earn your first $1,000 in less than 2 months.
You see, those who know me know that I probably don’t need to write a sales page to sell a freelance writing course. I mean, a little digging up on me will show that I know my onions. Here are success stories I got from people who participated in the free Earn Your First $1,000 as Freelance Writer challenge I ran a while back:
Okay, so that's it. If I include all the testimonials I have, this page will probably become so heavy that browsers will be crashing. So I'll stop right there!
If people could be raving that much -- experiencing the kind of successes above -- from a free challenge, imagine what could happen with an organized, paid course backed by support from me?
Unlike many freelance writing gurus, I put my money where my mouth is: I’m probably the only freelance writing expert that has made myself a guinea pig by starting a challenge in which I go from scratch (using a pseudonym, in a different niche and without using any of my contacts or existing resources) to four figures income within a span of two months -- TWICE! With my process, efforts and results documented publicly -- and each time countless people who followed along experienced positive results (the above testimonials came from my most recent challenge).
You see, I am so DAMN CONFIDENT about the effectiveness of my system that figuratively eating my own dog food, publicly, doesn’t scare me.
I want to give you access to my system TODAY… but for a VERY LIMITED time.
You see, Writers in Charge, my popular blog for writers, has been running for more than seven years now. And right NOW, you can’t find a single course for sale on it. I have pulled existing ones offline due to my being to busy to support them, and that hasn’t stopped people from begging me to just get them into one of my courses anyhow (even if it is outdated and can’t be supported -- screenshots below) -- this is because the effectiveness of my system has been proven over and over again.
Introducing the Earn Your First $1,000 as a Freelance Writer program
For a limited time only, I want to give you an opportunity to get access to my proven freelance writing system: this system will help you get your freelance writing business up and running and earning your first $1,000 in less than two months.
The Earn Your First $1,000 as a Freelance Writer course is for you if…
- You are just getting started and want a PROVEN roadmap to follow to build a successful freelance writing business that will help you earn your first $1,000 -- in less than two months.
- You already have a freelance writing business that is stuck and are confused as to how to make it work.
- You are still earning $3 - $5 per article and feel that you deserve more. You want a system that can help you get to $50, $100 or MUCH more per article.
- You are struggling to earn your first four figures and need a proven roadmap to take you there faster.
- You want a simple, step-by-step system that tells you exactly what to do, gives you assignments, checklists and templates you can do and use to have a successful freelance writing business.
If you fall into any of the above category, you should definitely get the Earn Your First $1,000 as a Freelance Writer course.
However, I’d like to sound a note of warning, though:
The Earn Your First $1,000 as a Freelance Writer course is different from a lot of other courses out there:
- For this particular course, I followed a “no multimedia rule.” By design, this course is delivered via text (PDF lessons and an email series) so it will only take hours to go through the materials. I am tired of experts loading up “courses” with dozens of useless hours of videos so they could charge you in excess of a thousand bucks to access it. I won’t do that. Your time and mine is more precious than that.
- I did my best to make this course as actionable as possible; I still made revisions a day before launch, and revisions will constantly be made to make it as actionable as possible -- the end goal is for you to get results. Simple.
- It requires effort and time. If you don’t want to do the assignments (perhaps you want to get paid to sleep?), then this course is not for you. You should be on track to earn your first $1,000 in two months, possibly much sooner, but you have to do the assignments.
When you purchase the Earn Your First $1,000 as a Freelance Writer course, you’ll get access to:
- Eight modules of PDF lessons that breaks down my system in a way that is easy to follow and proven to work for you.
- Lessons are delivered via email so that your freelance writing business is up and running in about 10 days.
- Checklists, resources and templates you can use, edit and modify to start earning your first $1,000 as a freelance writer in the shortest time possible.
- Support from Bamidele Onibalusi (a veteran, six-figure freelance writer) to help you implement the suggestions in the course and earn your first $1,000 quickly.
All this for just $99 -- but for a VERY limited time.
My 30-Day Ironclad Money-Back Guarantee
If, for whatever reason, you decide within 30 days of ordering this course that it is not for you, you are backed by my 30-day money-back guarantee. Simply send an email requesting a refund and you’ll be promptly refunded.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is the "Earn Your First $1,000 as a Freelance Writer" course about? Who is the course for?
As implied by the name, the course is for those who want to start their freelance writing business on the right foundation and earn their first $1,000 very quickly. The course is designed with the premise of helping you take the right steps to have your freelance writing business ready and set up and on track to earn your first $1,000 within 2 months. You can then build on this foundation to be earning four figures monthly as a freelance writer.
In all, the lessons should be delivered over a two-week period; and I expect your freelance writing business to be up and running within this period. However, you should expect to earn your first $1,000 within two months (and you should already see clear signs that you're on the right track within a month!)
How long will the offer be available?
The offer to get the course for just $99 will be available for a very short period, and once the price goes up it's never coming down again -- so make sure you act fast before it is too late.
Is your course suitable to start a writing business in a language other than English?
Yes. It is. The techniques are what matters, not the language you are freelance writing in. If there are companies that publish/use content in your language, and if there are freelance writers in your language, the course will work for you.
I have no educational or professional experience except that I have always loved writing. Are there any opportunities for me with this lack of credentials?
Anybody who tells you that you need educational or professional experience to earn a living as a freelance writer is a joker. If you take a careful look, that person is probably earning peanuts.
See, I earned my first $1,000 as a freelance writer (and I was earning four figures MONTHLY) at 16 (I'm 26 now!). As a non-native English speaking Nigerian. I hadn't even gotten into college then. So, NO, you DON'T need a degree or credentials to make this work. In fact, if you let your degree get into your head it will probably do you more harm than good.
Are there refunds? A guarantee?
YES. As with all my products at Writers in Charge, this is backed by a 30 days money back guarantee. My free materials have helped thousands build a successful freelance writing career, so of course I'm willing to put my money where my mouth is when it comes to my paid materials.
A recession seems to be looming, and there is coronavirus. Shouldn't I be saving instead of buying another course?
Well, this isn't just "another course." It is an investment towards building a freelance writing business that helps you earn $1,000 or more monthly; and seeing where the world economy is heading right now, this just might be your best investment in recent times.
A recession will present great opportunity for freelance writers; many companies are likely to lay off employees in favor of freelancers and the coronavirus pandemic is already tending to create a remote work trend. Not only is this one of the best times to be a freelancer, now is the best time to start making moves for the difficult times to come.
Are there other payment methods? Other questions?
Yes, you can pay with pretty much any cryptocurrency (Bitcoin, Ripple, NEO, Ethereum, etc) listed on a major exchange (Binance, Bittrex, Kucoin, etc). If you are Nigerian, I also accept local bank transfer. If you want alternative payment methods, or have other questions, email me at [email protected]